SPFX or SFX Makeup?


New member
What is the most common way of describing special effects makeup?

I've come across so many variations that now my head is beginning to spin.

I understand these terms might vary by country but since we're mostly North Americans here, what is the most common way of saying special effects makeup?

Is it: SPFX, SFX, Film Makeup, Film Prosthetics, or what?

Sorry if this sounds like a rant. Just a little frustrated
Last edited: