Standoff (2011) - Short Film by Emil Petrov

Vortep

Two rivals face off in a suspenseful standoff. Only one will make it alive.

I'm studding Cinematography so I apply a lot of movements and trajectory to my cinematography. Please comment.

PS: There is absolutely no original sound to this film. Every sound, steps, wind and sound as general is added by me using AVS Video Editor. Same goes to the music, I have combined three different tracks to achieve the effects I wanted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leqrEjR0Wks&feature=feedu

I'm sorry for the quality, but my camera is pretty old. Next month I'm planing to buy digital HD camera.

Please comment.

Kim Welch

Staff member
guns guns more guns and shooting people

guns guns more guns and shooting people

some good visuals. sun breaking through clouds was cool. i see 95% off the young people
movies have guns and fighting in them. is there something interesting to you other than guns and shooting people?

Vortep

Well, I'm planing to do more and more shorts in various stories. This is my first one and I made it as a test. I had the two guns, so I decided to make a standoff. It was the easy one to do.

When I get my HD camera, I'm planing different kids of shorts. But yeah I know what you mean.

I have some ideas, but they have to be in my own language (Bulgarian) and that will make it difficult to view outside my country. This one was the only one that didn't need dialog.

I mostly tested the cinematography and the building of the mood.

Last edited:

Kim Welch

Staff member
the fight that never happens

the fight that never happens

do a movie where some loser makes a turn for the better and works his or her ass off and comes back and beats the competition in a decent battle of wits and talent (me) and the back stabbing bad guys get it hard in the end. :)